Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I heart Nerdy London

So I have three days to catch up on! We havebeen so busy it is ridiculous! On Sunday we went to the amazing Thom Sweeney tailoring shop. We spoke with Matt one of the cutters there. The suits were gorgeous and made me want to be a cross dresser. Here is a photo of Matt:
Photobucket

And Thom Sweeney

Photobucket

After visiting Thom Sweeney I was finally able to meet up with my Aunt Geri Uncle Derrick and cousins Nick and Adam. We got a quick bite to eat then were off to the British Museum. The museum is amazing and has soooo much to see. We spent most of our time with the mummies :) Yes Mom mummies. Here are some highlights of the mummy exhibit:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the museum we headed to the London Eye which is the giant ferris wheel right on the Thames River.

Photobucket

It started to rain while we were there which makes me so ridiculously happy! Everyone else especially Adam who did not bring a jacket wanted to find a dry place so we went into the London Museum of Film that was right there. I loved it, it was nerd heaven. Here are some of my super nerd pictures:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

HARRY POTTER!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Harryhausen Exhibit

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the film museum we went on a search for food. It is not as easy to find vegan food nearby but everyone was good sports about it and eventually we got Waggamama which is a Japanese food chain here. It was delicious and had great vegan soba. Here is a picture of us all right before we parted ways:

Photobucket

Alright now we are up to Monday! On Monday we went to the Victoria and Albert Museum to go on a tour and view the Yojhi Yamamoto exhibit. The entire museum is beautiful. You can get lost in there and spend days and days looking around in awe. I am not going to put up all of the photos that I took but here are some of them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

ADAM ANT!!!!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Vivienne Westwood :)

Photobucket

And here are my favorite Yamamoto pieces that I was allowed to photograph:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The actual exhibit did not allow photography which is understandable but sucks for us. It was incredible, everything was wearable art. We all broke up into smaller groups and went off to do our own things after the museum. For Lainey Ashley and I it got super nerdy. Anyone who knows me well enough should know exactly what that means. Here is a clue:

Photobucket

We took the tube to King's Cross :) we made our way to platforms 9 and 10...... We searched and searched and could not find what we were looking for. So I finally went up to a guard and said "I feel really silly asking this.." He cut me off very abruptly and said very irritated " Harry Potter is at the front of the building!" We very quickly found the front and the super touristy Platform 9 3/4 :) :) :)

Photobucket

On our way home from Hogwarts we wandered through a park or so we thought...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There were beautiful tombs strewn about the park/memorial area. One of the many things that I love about London, ancient history everywhere.

That brings us to today, Tuesday. We went to the infamous Harrods today. It is enormous and has everything. EVERYTHING. We had a tour and drooled over so many of the things that they had to offer. Lainey and I spent most of our time in the pet kingdom where I got our very spoiled doggie a present. After the pet kingdom we made our way to the food halls downstairs. Its almost like a gourmet grocery store that is attached to a high end department store. We are making a trip back to further explore as we had to be back in time for our classroom block. So busy all of the time here. I love it though :) I miss everyone

5 comments:

  1. All of this makes my heart so happy! The picture of you with Aunt Geri & Uncle Derek & the boys made me tear up a bit. Sniff, sniff. Harry Potter! Mummies! Vivienne Westwood! Adam G.D. Ant!! Glad to see you are loveing every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of this makes my heart so happy! The picture of you with Aunt Geri & Uncle Derek & the boys made me tear up a bit. Sniff, sniff. Harry Potter! Mummies! Vivienne Westwood! Adam G.D. Ant!! Glad to see you are loving every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pic of you in the Golden Chair...you should get one of those for your office when you are a big shot Fashion Mogul!!

    miss you love joe :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm tired just hearing about all the things your doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you not know you weren't supposed to take photos at the Harryhausen exibit either??? You naughty little girls! Still, it was too good not to take any! Glad you girls had fun that day hangin' with the oldies and their posse xxx

    ReplyDelete