Friday, June 3, 2011

Aubergine is Aubergine.

So last night after posting Lainey and I tried to go home and this is what happened.....

 Wild and crazy night out getting trapped in the office leaving the computer lab. Super nerds hahaha
Today we went to the absolutely ridiculously amazing make me want to jump up and down for joy Vivienne Westwood :) :) :) We found cat scarves, drinking panda scarves, the most beautiful seditionaries ties, and glorious pvc shoes that I do think are essential to my existence. I held out on the shoes because we will be visiting her first shop Worlds End later on. I did purchase some amazing red tights with little blue anchors on them from her store though. I couldn't leave without them. Next we went to Stella McCartney and Matthew Williamson. They both have stores in old Georgian houses that have been converted to shops. Matthew Williamson had the most amazing dressing rooms with neon pink and lavender ornate chairs. Stella McCartney had an all black perfume room filled with bottles and bottles with ancient labels on the shelves. Both stores had awesome details throughout them that tied everything together. Our guide today Sam Spiegel was also amazing. He still kept talking to me even after I squealed like a little girl about Vivienne Westwood and going to Prudence later on in the month. We walked a giant portion of Oxford Street and Conduit Street today seeing some of the coolest window displays. We also took a brief look down Savile Row while we were walking. After a break at our flat Lainey left for another adventure and found ourselves in the London SOHO area which was hilarious. The best thing we found down there was Cox, Cookies, and Cakes, the naughty cupcake shop :) We went inside and the cupcakes ranged from just plain silly to beautiful. Unfortunately none of them were vegan but the girl working the counter gave us directions to a vegan bakery to go to tomorrow. I still have to upload all of the pictures, but that has to be done in the dreaded computer lab, and Lainey and I might get stuck again so we are taking our time hahaha

1 comment: